Tuesday, September 27, 2011

AUTHENTIQUE: Beautiful Girl

From the AUTHENTIQUE BLOG...
*****
Hello Authentique fans,  it's Heather again!

I have to start this post with a confession: I love my Hipstamatic photo app. When I printed this photograph, I knew that I wanted to use some of the pink colors from the Uncommon line that Authentique sent, to showcase my little munchkin off. 

I started by using the back of the Gifted paper from the Uncommon line. I really liked how the text, and simplicity allowed for more color in the embellishments. Rather than using a bold mist, or a liberal swipe of acrylic paint, I made a simple solution of white acrylic and water. Instead of spraying, I just splattered some on for interest.
 (Supplies Used: AUTHENTIQUE patterned papers, Uncommon Gifted (back), Uncommon Foundations (back); AUTHENTIQUE die cuts Uncommon Icons, Splendid Icons, Splendid Tabloids, Journey Classic Type)
(Other Supplies: Basic Grey buttons, Twinery twine-Lilac, American Crafts brads, Sassafras Lass Vintage Brooch, Glossy Accents, homemade white acrylic spray)

I really enjoyed how the Uncommon papers worked against the Journey stickers and Splendid die cuts. I used some of the buttons, brads, and a metal flower that I had in my stash.

I also stitched a contrasting color of twine on one of the die cuts. I haven't really quite decided if I really want to add any journaling onto the tabs. So far... I've decided against it.

On one of the die cuts, I used a little bit of Glossy Accents to make the sentiment stand out.

Rather than keep the title straight, I used a piece of circle paper to position the letters in the right spot. I also reflected the circle in the metal flower and the curves in the stitching.

*****
I also created a card with some of my scraps. This one is for a lovely scrappy friend who just had her fourth baby, a little girl!!

  (Supplies Used: AUTHENTIQUE patterned papers, Blissful 6x6; AUTHENTIQUE die cuts Blissful Icons and Excerpts)
(Other Supplies: American Craft buttons, Hero Arts stamp, Twinery twine)

I hope you enjoy! ~Heather
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Heather, this page and card are so amazing! I love the woodgrain, and I LOVE the layout of the page. It's stunning! Great work!

    ReplyDelete