Sunday, January 12, 2014

Back to Scrapping, and My One Little Word

The past few weeks have been extremely busy, although I'm not sure I did much at all. Christmas was a blur, we hosted for the very first time. I made an amazing dinner of turkey, all of the traditional sides, and multiple deserts including Pioneer Woman cinnamon rolls and a Yule log. Seriously, an amazing feast.

Regardless, I've had a thought throughout this season that I was overdoing it. So my word* for this year is Simplify. I really want to focus on what is really important, for myself, my family, my work, and my life. I feel that although I like to take on the world, I don't need to in order to prove that I am good enough.
Part of Simplying my life was upholding the promise that I made to myself concerning my wonderful Gossamer Blue  kits. I had to cancel my Monthly Main Kit. I had made a deal with myself that I was going to participate each month in their Album Challenge and create at least for layouts by the 14th. Come December 14th, I hadn't finished my four layouts and honored my word. I didn't want to give up completely (mainly because Gossamer Blue puts out some amazing kits, and one day I would like to re-sub again!!!), and instead joined Gossamer Blue's Life Pages kit. I wanted a Simple way to document life, and wanted unique products to create with still. I will still create layouts, just by using my large stash of awesome products.
http://scrapbook.steals.com/wp/2014/01/08/becky-higgins-project-life-mid-week-mojo-iolite-6/
This was my first layout in awhile not using a pre-fabbed kit. I used my Crate Paper DIY Shop kit that I snagged from ScrapbookSteals right before September's Crop in Utah. I loved pairing the soft hues with these beautiful pics of my girls. I even used the Iolite #6 sketch from ScrapbookSteals.
 
*The One Little Word is part of the Ali Edwards brand and philosophy. While I am not currently doing her class, I am taking a personal look at life using a bit of this philosophy. I'm not sure yet if adding another project within this would truly Simplify my life right now... Maybe in Summer! If you want more information on both Ali's classes and information, please see her 2014 post on her blog. Thanks!
Pin It

1 comment: