Wednesday, July 2, 2014

I Think It's Time For Cake (Pansy #1: ScrapbookSteals Sketch)

I saw this fun sketch by my friend Brenda on the ScrapbookSteals' blog and I just had to play along today. I tried this fun technique with blending fun ink colors over a sketch from watching a few of Kristina Werner's videos (the video for her version). While I didn't exactly do her trick with the kraft paper and white ink... I did combine the white paper and kraft. 
To get the fun background, I took all of these AMAZING pigment inks from Tsukineko/ImagineCrafts called Radiant Neon. I have the entire set and L-O-V-E them.
I took the entire set, and blended them on top of a stencil. This way, they were able to mix together and keep the fun triangle shapes. To make them truly blend, I used a my InkBlushers (also by Tsukineko/ImagineCrafts) to blend the colors together.  
The journaling was created with my Silhouette. I finally got to use my Elle's Studio birthday kit and some of those amazing Freckled Fawn Neon enamel dots. Make sure that you check out today's sketch and play along!
http://scrapbook.steals.com/wp/2014/07/02/maggie-holmes-styleboard-mid-week-mojo-pansy-1/

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! Love how you used Radiant Neons.

    ReplyDelete