Monday, November 27, 2017

AUTHENTIQUE PAPER: Remember December Mini Album

I would like to say that I always finish every project, but that is not always possible when the holidays are right around the corner. To make the completion of my Colorful Christmas December Mini Album a reality, I decided to prep a few things early to make it a little easier to create during the upcoming busy season.

To start, I grabbed a container to keep everything in. This is an Ikea basket, but others are just as fantastic. Then I just started grabbing things from my stash. I have had some of these items for years!
I pulled stamps, washi tape, alphas, ribbons, wood pieces, enamel dots, and other fun embellishments to add to my mini as I go.
 The Colorful Christmas 6x6 Bundle is perfectly sized for projects like this.
I then grabbed my foundation pages. I bought a few of these foundation pages from a sale awhile back. The days would have been wrong, so I printed new day names on sticker paper and cut them out with scissors. Once I create each page, I'll either hand write, or type using my manual typewriter.
 Having each of the patterned papers pre-cut will save time when I start creating next month.
All I need to add is a stamp pad and a few colored pencils. Any leftovers could easily be turned into a couple of Christmas cards.
I found this cute album on sale, and gussied it up with a little punched reindeer edge, and a journaling card.
 Adding a little faux stitching makes this more personalized.
 Because I know that the first part of the month will be hectic, I created a few Colorful Christmas foundation pages to start.
 I wanted something for the inside cover, so used my Silhouette (#111484) to cut a large tree, and added a Details sticker and an enamel star. The "Story" page will have some of my hopes for the Christmas season, possibly a wishlist of fun events.
 The next three pages are to be used with the foundation pages. Each will sit on the larger squared section, with the journaling or messages below them.
Hopefully this inspires you to gather all of your supplies just a tad bit early for some fun December Mini Album making. A little preparation now, will make the project easier to complete.
Other Supplies Used: alphas (Thickers, chipboard and alpha stickers), various washi tapes, Twinery twine (Blossom, Cappuccino, Maraschino), ribbons, buttons, enamel dots & shapes, stamps (Lawn Fawn Milk & Cookies, Essentials by Ellen - Light Parade), mini album & inserts, Silhouette Online Store & Cameo
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment