Monday, January 20, 2020

AUTHENTIQUE PAPER: Love Notes Altered Mailbox

After Christmas ends, I love decorating for the winter and then Valentine's Day. Ever since my littlest has started to express opinions, one of them has been to make sure that the house is ready for each holiday. This year, a little mailbox is joining the decor, wrapped up in our new Love Notes Collection
I started with a sweet little mailbox from the Dollar Spot at Target. I have seen similar mailboxes in other big box craft stores as well. 
The mailbox is wrapped in Love Notes Three. In this case, the paper measured 4.5"X12", and wrapped over the entire mailbox.
Right where the flag is was a bit tricky. I cut a straight cut to where the flag and the mailbox connected. Behind the flag is a little hole that I cut out of the paper. Once it was in place, I made sure to add adhesive around the flag and down the length of the cut in order to hide it. To make this perfect, I practiced on a separate piece of paper and traced it onto my Authentique paper.

Adding a few stickers to each side made for some interest, as did the die cut border. The handle for the mailbox is a grouping of stacked buttons. In this case, three buttons in similar colors to the paper were stacked and hot glued together.
The front of the mailbox has a couple of stickers from the Details sticker sheet and a heart die cut from Love Notes Five
A few more stickers from the Details sticker sheet, and this mailbox was complete. 

Thanks for looking at this fun project. I hope this inspires you to find a cute mailbox and alter it yourself!
Supplies Used:
Other Supplies: Mailbox, Scor-Tape, buttons, hot glue
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment