Friday, November 25, 2011

AUTHENIQUE PAPER: Putting a Bird on Free Bird

From the Authentique Blog:
 *****
Hello folks!! Heather here. I hope that all of your Thanksgiving feasts were wonderful, and that you were able to spend time with loved ones. Today for you, I have a nifty piece of decor that you too could whip up before the holidays! 

Samantha showed me a fantastic pin over at Pinterest, and I was inspired to use the Free Bird Series to craft something similar. I even drew a lovely little chickadee to place on it! 
I chose to use Warmth for the wreath, as I felt that it reminded me of all of winter. It does have some lovely colors and patterns.
I didn't have a little chickadee, so I actually drew one up using my scrapbooking pens and a little bit of chalk ink. Yup... the yellow is chalk ink!
The wreath itself is simply concentric circles of cones of paper. I just cut the Free Bird pages in half using decorative scissors, then trimmed off one of the 3" sides with decorative scissors as well. Roll the paper into cones, then attach the trimmed edge to the cone with a glue dot.
To attach the cones to the wreath, each cone is pinned in place, then hot glued. I haven't quite made up my mind whether or not I want to replace the drawing with a little faux bird or not yet. At the moment, I rather like him.
I hope that you enjoyed my take on a fun decor project. Just another way to use those fantastic Free Bird papers!! Have a great start to the holiday season!!

Supplies Used: 
Authentique Free Bird Series: Warmth FBS 129, 130, 131 & 132
Additional Supplies: wreath form, American Crafts Memory Markers in Charcoal and Black, AC ribbon, AC white cardstock, Colorbox Chalk ink in Yellow Cadmium, stick
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment