Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Xyron and Doodlebug Help Celebrate Fall!

I am loving the fall weather. Fall in the Pacific Northwest is usually gorgeous, but this year has been all about rain and thunderstorms. I kind of love it. It was on one of these very days that we took a ferry ride that this adorable photo was taken. I love my little monkeys, and they normally aren't this sweet with one another.

For this layout, I really wanted to play off of the aqua skirt that my oldest was wearing. I used the Happy Harvest Plentiful paper in the background, and die cut a piece of Happy Harvest Sunflowers to base the layout from. I'm a sucker for woodgrain of any kind, and the Happy Harvest Sunflowers paper is a beautiful red.
I used kraft paper to give the photo a little bit of a natural border, then popped that against the opposite side of the Happy Harvest Plentiful paper. The journaling was created by running two die cut pieces of kraft and Happy Harvest Autumn Leaves through my Xyron 9" Creative Station and using a Signo Uniball pen for the journalling.
A sweet banner made from pieces of the Happy Harvest Fancy Frills stickers and Happy Harvest Doodads, along with some burlap alphas finished off this layout.
This little foxy card was so easy to put together using mainly stickers from the Happy Harvest Icon Sticker and Happy Harvest Quotes stickers. I also used a corner punch to add some detail to the Happy Harvest Apple Orchard and Happy Harvest Autumn Leaves papers then ran all of them through the Xyron 9" Creative Station. And the aqua blue makes the orange stand out. LOVE!
I cannot stand to see scraps of paper lying around without a purpose, so created this card using some die cuts that reminded me of Fall using the Happy Harvest papers, Happy Harvest Quotes, Happy Harvest Doodads and Happy Harvest Pumpkin Gingham Washi Tape. I even popped in a little ticket from the Happy Harvest Fancy Frills sticker sheets. The leaf was easy to create, just die cut, then wrinkle it up as much as you can right before gluing it down with Xyron’s Adhesive Solutions 3/16"  Dots. This way, I could get the leaf to look a little more realistic.
Lastly, a sweet little card for a friend who just bought a new house. I loved the Harvest Homes paper, and it will be perfect for moving in the Fall. I didn't want to busy up the streets too much, so added a few simple touches with the Happy Harvest Quotes, Happy Harvest Doodad and Happy Harvest Fancy Frills border sticker.
Thanks for celebrating just a little bit of Fall with me! I hope this inspires you to get some adorable Doodlebug papers and your Xyron products and start creating!

Supplies Used:
Xyron: Xyron MegaRunner, Xyron 9" Creative Station, Xyron Adhesive Solutions 3/16" Dots
Doodlebug: Happy Harvest Collection: Autumn Leaves, Apple Orchard, Plentiful, Sunflowers, Harvest Homes, Icon stickers, Fancy Frills stickers, Quotes stickers, Doodads, Pumpkin Gingham Washi
Other Supplies: twine, dimensional adhesive, cardstock, kraft paper, die cut machine, corner chomper Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I pinned all 3 of these cards - they are so adorable!! Great work, I love what you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Fall creations.
    Love the banners and
    the owl used!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how lovely LO, is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun papers! As much as I adore the layout, I love the cards. How can you not love a hedgehog card? So cute.

    ReplyDelete