Friday, August 3, 2018

AUTHENTIQUE PAPER: A Fall Wreath with a Sneak Peek of the Pleasant Collection!

I love Fall. I love when the air turns crisp, the leaves start to fall, and the promise of cooler weather comes about. However, it's firmly August, and summer is here for now. I can wish just a little bit, and play with Authentique Paper's newest collection, Pleasant. I knew when I saw this collection, I needed to make a new Autumn wreath.

I started with a heart-shaped wreath from Michaels. I loved the simplicity of the grapevine wreath, and didn't want to overwhelm the organic nature of it with too much. This is why I chose the Silhouette cut shapes I did, as they allowed for some sense of the wreath underneath them.
I started with a heaver base of three flowers (Pleasant Six, Seven, Eight) using the same rolled flower design. Once those were glued together, I added the leaves so that the flowers would sit on top of them. Each of the leaves is glued at the stem, then once or twice towards the top of the leaf.
The flowers all use the same Silhouette cut file. Just by altering the color of your paper, and how you roll the edges, each flower can look slightly different. I also added gems inside each of the flowers. 
I loved all of the tone on tone colors that each of the flowers had. The subtle look was effective. I also added a simple bow under the flowers to pull together the blue in the patterned paper.

For the opposite corner of the wreath, I started with a few more of the same leaf cut files in some of the warm toned papers of Pleasant. I added a die cut from the Elements sheet, which I used dimensional adhesive to pop it up a bit.
 To mirror the other side, I added in another little ribbon bit and some gems.
Lastly, I used a large loop of burlap ribbon to create a slipknot and give some extra for hanging. The wreath is complete, and ready for the turn in the weather. I hope you're ready to see more of our Pleasant Collection!


Supplies Used:
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment