Thursday, March 17, 2011

For Japan with Love: Bloggers Day of Silence 3/18

There are not many words that I can use to truly express how devastating Japan's earthquakes and tsunami were last week. When, after three long days of trying desperately to get hold of my friends Sayaka and Michiko, I scoured every email sent since 2002 trying to find phone numbers.

Thankfully, Michiko emailed me back. And Sayaka, one of my favorite people in all the world (and one of my beautiful bridesmaids in 2004) was finally contacted by phone. They, and their respective families made it through all of the damage safely.

I still cry when I think about how thankful I am that these two fabulous ladies are safe.

In honor of Sayaka and Michiko, and all of the families and friends throughout the world that have prayed for, worried about, lost or found people in Japan, I will silence my blog on Friday, March 18.

Please, donate. I know that I will. Pin It

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, what a relief your dear friends are safe! thankfully, all of our family has now moved to hawaii. my heart breaks for those families overthere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @erin

    Thanks Erin! I've been super lucky to be able to call her for free this month. I'm sending one of my friends some things that she cannot find in Japan (BBQ chips of all things!) just because I can.

    I'm glad all of your family is safe and well!

    ReplyDelete