Friday, April 6, 2012

AUTHENTIQUE PAPER: Papered Easter Eggs

I cannot take credit for the inspiration of today's post. It all belongs to my daughter. One of my favorite stores had these cute little eggs at my two year old's level, and she was super excited for Easter and the Easter bunny. Each of these started as a plain wooden egg, and are all decorated in different ways.
For the first egg, I used a hole punch to punch out an entire sheet of the 6x6" Delightful paper in Sweet. Before I used ModPodge to stick all of those little spots onto the top of the egg, I ModPodged the bottom of the egg and used gold embossing powder to cover lower half. To make it stick, I used my heat gun to fully emboss the bottom. Then stuck all of the little circles on the top. Added a few flowers in Elegant, and a matching green ribbon.
For this egg, the entire egg is covered in circles. I used a 1" circle punch, but to get each circle to stick to the egg, cut a slit in them so they curved. The bottom half is Cheerful, and the top is the opposite lovely yellow color of the same 6x6" paper. Rather than a ribbon, I used glitter tape and a cute little butterfly in the Elegant paper.
This egg is probably my favorite. It's actually fuzzy!! I ModPodged some pink flocking to the top of the egg. Then used a border punch to punch strips of 6x6" Beautiful paper. I cut those down to 1.5", then layered them around the bottom of the egg. A simple white ribbon finished this one off.
These are going to make cute additions to the Easter table this year. And when Easter is done, my little girl has already claimed them for her own.

Supplies Used: Delightful Collection: 6x6 pad 
Additional Supplies: 1" punch, flower punch, Martha Stewart border punch & butterfly punch, ModPodge, floral ribbon, Hampton Arts flocking powder, AC Zing embossing powder & Glitter Tape
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment