Friday, April 26, 2013

Drawing a Day: Day One, First Steps

While I teach art, I do not give myself the time to devote to my personal drawings and paintings. I recently acquired the book, One Drawing a Day by Veronica Lawlor (website), for my classroom. I chose this particular book, as many of my students want to be perfectionists rather than artists. To truly be an artist, I think you simply have to practice and want to better yourself. You have to be okay with one day creating a masterpiece, and another day, junk. I often tell students that the learning is in the process, not the project.

So, I'm taking on the challenge. 42 drawings. Some may be great, some may be awful. I'm not going to worry about it, and just create.
Still Life of Random Items, colored pens and white pastel
Pin It

1 comment: