Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Xyron's 30 days of Holiday Projects: Easy Wrapping Ideas

http://aintshecrafty.blogspot.com/
Good Morning Xyron fans! Today I have a great way to wrap up those fun presents. Last year, I bought a crazy-huge roll of kraft paper. My thought was that I could wrap all of the presents in that paper, and decorate with pretty bows and other fun embellishments for whatever holiday or season they were for. Today I combined the kraft paper with some gorgeous American Crafts papers, twine and embellishments from Studio Calico and Imaginisce.
These were super easy to make. For this set, I used my Silhouette to create the fun snowflakes using American Craft's Peppermint Express patterned paper in Ornamint. If you don't have a die cut machine, simply use thinner paper and cut out snowflakes like you used to when you were little. Have the kiddos help for this too!
Start by wrapping your presents. You can see how plain they really look at the moment. Not too exciting, but that's super easy to change! After cutting out my snowflakes with my Silhouette, I ran those through my Xyron 9" Creative Station

 
I stuck the new snowflake stickers to the packages, then added green and white twine.
The tags were also cut using my Silhouette. I used the same Snowflake Tag Set for the tags and Imaginisce Colors of Christmas paper in Vintage Ornaments. I cut the snowflake from Neenah cover in Solar White, then attached each snowflake using Xyron's High Tack Adhesive Dots in 3/16". Once the snowflake was attached, I used the bling and Studio Calico's Magical Adhesive Banners to create a few sentiments.
Now, they are each packaged just a little differently from each other, and have so much more interest.
I color coordinate all presents that are heading to a specific destination (I tend to forget/lose things otherwise...) and this is one more solution I have in my gift-wrapping arsenal.



Products Used:
Xyron 9" Creative Station, Xyron Adhesive Solutions 3/16" Dots, American Crafts: Peppermint Express (Ornamint), Imaginisce: Colors of Christmas (Vintage Ornaments, Bling), Studio Calico: Magical (Adhesive Banners), Twinery twine (Peapod), kraft wrapping paper, Silhouette, Neenah coverstock (Solar White)
Pin It

1 comment: