Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Xyron and Anna Griffin: A Perfect Pairing for Gifts

Sometimes you just need a small gift (thank you, just because, hostess gift). This wonderful pairing of Xyron and Anna Griffin products definitely fits the bill for just that. This little gift set is a box, with four cards in it.
I started by making the box from some of the flocked paper and the amazingly thick, pearlized cardstock. I loved using the luxe flocked paper on the outside of this, as it is really soft. To create the sentiment for this boxed set, I used clear acetate in the "window". This way, I can let the cards shine. Using the Double-Sided High Tack 1/2" Tape made this super easy to put together, as well as let me easily add the acetate into the completed box. 
I created two vertical and two horizontal cards using the Grace Collection and pieces from Anna Griffin's other collections. For the two vertical cards, I started with a base of the thick pearlized papers, then added various patterned and flocked papers, borders, sticker borders and die cuts. Some of the die cuts came dimensional, and some I was able to add layers myself. By running the die cuts through my 3" Sticker Maker, I was able to make sure that they were not going to shift when they were mailed. Rather than pull out my Mega Runner and squish the dimensional die cuts, I just used my Double-Sided High Tack 1/2" Tape to attach them to the cards.
For the two horizontal cards, one had a base from the All About Her Cardmaking Kit, and one I used another piece of the Perfect Palette Cardstock Kit. Then I added more pieces of various die cuts. Lastly, I heat embossed a sentiment from one of Anna's stamp sets in black embossing powder. On these two cards, I really used my Double-Sided High Tack 1/2" Tape. It made the extra embellishments so easy to place. For the embossed section, I ran those two pieces through my 1.5" Sticker Maker before attaching them to the card.
 I really love how easily this small gift came together.
Supplies Used:
Xyron: 1.5" Sticker Maker, 3" Sticker Maker,  Double-Sided High Tack 1/2" Tape
Anna Griffin papers and die cuts    Anna Griffin® Grace Papercrafting Kit,
Anna Griffin® Perfect Palette Cardstock Kit, Anna Griffin® All About Her Cardmaking Kit, Anna Griffin® 60-piece Flocked Paper Collection
Additional Materials: acetate, ribbon, craft foam, Silhouette Cameo Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment