Monday, September 16, 2019

PAPER GIRLS CHALLENGE BLOG #184: Anything Goes! & a Taylored Expressions Blender Brush Review

The Paper Girls Challenge Blog is having one of the best challenges ever. Anything Goes! Yup! That means, make anything you want, and share with us. It's a total free-for-all, and I love that, because I was able to have a bit of fun testing out my new Taylored Expressions Blender Brushes and a great new stencil from Neat & Tangled. I also got to finally sit and play with my new Stampin' Up Inks
For the PGCB Challenge #184, I started with the Neat & Tangled Dimensional Triangles Stencil. I then took my Taylored Expressions Blender Brushes and my Stampin' Up Inks in the Classic Stampin' Pad Assortment In Color 2018-2020 and Gorgeous Grape Classic Stampin' Pad.
From red - violet, I blended each color with the correct brush. To make the stencil stick more, I used a bit of spray adhesive to stick the stencil to the paper. I just used what I had, and it was a little TOO sticky... I've heard about the Pixie Spray, and I may try that later on instead.
Make sure to create something for the Paper Girls Challenge Blog! This challenge is Anything Goes, so ANY project that you are working on counts!!

I got these fabulous brushes from a suggestion from a close friend. I had always loved ink blending, but hated the streaking I got from the foam blenders (from dye inks). I'm a bit of a crazy inker, so anything that would make my ideas actually happen the way I imagine is always welcome.
I pre-ordered the Taylored Expressions Blender Brushes last week when they released. Part of the offer was this little silicone scrubber. I haven't used it yet, BUT look how fabulously it fits in the center!! This was a genius bit of design. I love when tools and their extra pieces fit together seamlessly. This means I won't lose it. 
I loved how each color handle of the Taylored Expressions Blender Brushes will work with that color family. I know that the brush looks a little splotchy, but man did they work smoothly. The handles are flexible, which means that you can vary your pressure without worry that one part will be splotchy on your project. The blending was smooth no matter where I worked. And they were SO SOFT! I'm very happy with my purchase, and cannot wait to use them more and more.




Supplies Used:
Stampin' Up Inks: Blueberry Bushel, Pineapple Punch, Grapefruit Grove, Call Me Clover, Lovely Lipstick, Gorgeous Grape
Neat & Tangled Stencil: Dimensional Triangles
Taylored Expressions Blender Brushes
Taylored Expressions Die: Thanks Die Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment