Friday, October 28, 2011

A Glowing Halloween and Beyond!

I already had something in mind when Kristy from Scrapbooksteals told me that she was asking for Authentique Design Team Members to showcase how they used Authentique's Glowing Collection (which is on SALE TODAY @ Scrapbooksteals!!!!! I already needed a birthday present for a family member, and she LOVES Halloween and her granddaughter. Creating a mini album using Glowing just seemed like a perfect solution.

For the cover, I used a few of the pieces (Music notes & Harlequin Patches) in various sizes, and edge punched the smaller piece. I then made a banner with strips of Foundations and Black Script paper, placed the Classic Type letters on the front. I added the year in Petit Type Square lettering.
In the inside of each of the pages, I used combinations of paper, Icons, Noteables and Tabloids.
On the first inner page, I used the diecuts with the Lace Spiderweb, Black Script & Foundations paper. On the second, Orange Brocade & Harlequin Patches with a Noteable.
For the second set of pages, I used Black Script for the larger piece (2nd page), and a combination of all of the papers for the first. I combined all of the diecuts as well. See how they are popped up with dimensional adhesive?? This way I can take some great photos and just stick them in the book before I hand it over.
For the last of the pages, I incorporated some of the Black Script, Black Gingham, Foundations and diecuts. On the second page, I used the Ledger, Cream Foundations and one of the Tabloids.
Here are some of the details in the book. I just loved using all of the diecuts to add more interest.
 *****
One of the most difficult thing about Halloween paper, is there is SO much cute paper, that can only really be used for one day in the year. With Authentique's Glowing Collection... This is not the case!!

When I saw the Geometric Fleur de Lis paper, I instantly thought of Thanksgiving. I don't know what it was about the design, but it made me think of the Thanksgiving table and placecards. I loved how the simple design wasn't overly "Halloweeny". I paired the patterned paper with various shades of brown cardstock, and it was perfect! Adding a woodgrain stamp, just solidified the Harvest theme and took away some of the Halloween elements.   
I stacked all of the pieces together, and used my Corner Chomper to diecut all of the edges. On each tablecard, there are five layers! Two pieces of brown cardstock, the Geometrical Fleur de Lis paper, Cream Foundations (that I woodgrain stamped) and a fussycut Fleur de Lis.

I also used the Petit Type Square letters to add a name to each of the cards. These will make the perfect addtion to my Thanksgiving table!
I challenge you to use up all of your Halloween papers this year!! Even for non-Halloween items!! Have a Glowing Halloween!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment