Saturday, March 3, 2012

AUTHENTIQUE: March Card & Layout Sketch Contest

This months Authentique Paper Sketch Contest is going to be fun!! As in, flirty little banner fun! I actually really liked this sketch, and wanted to show off a little bit of Loyal and Delightful. As you've probably surmised, I already have one little girl. And as you may not know, we have one more on the way! We found out that what I could have sworn was a he (totally different pregnancies... I mean chocolate was icky!), is actually a little she... 

So the boyish papers of Loyal were off limits, right? No! Not one bit! I simply used the more muted versions on both the background (Faithful), the backing on the banner (Steady), and the mat (Devoted) for the photograph. Then I layered pieces of Delightful, to make it a little more feminine.
The sweet little sentiment that was actually a Delightful Diction phrase was just too perfect too, "Little girls dreams are of magical things".

For the card, I used a matching blue cardstock base, layered and embellished entirely with Loyal products. The base of the decorated portion is simply Steady, with a Durable fussy-cut section, layered with a matching ribbon. The banner is a bit of twine, using the hinge stickers from the Details page, that are cut in half and pop-dotted. I added a little bit of bling with some green rhinestones. For the sentiment, I just took a Details sticker, embossed a sentiment and added it to the card.

If you want to play along, simply create a great card or layout using one of the following sketches. Be sure to post in on the Authentique Paper blog for some fun prizes! Good luck!
 Layout Sketch
Card Sketch
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment