Sunday, August 12, 2012

And Then There Was a Challenge: Counterfeit Kit

Remember that "counterfeit" kit that I created using this month's Studio Calico Summer of '69 kit as inspiration? Well, my lovely friend Brenda decided to follow suit, then challenged me (LOVE IT!) to find a layout that I wanted to scraplift from the SC. I used this opportunity to find a layout that I loved, but it wasn't my normal style.

I simply loved Geralyn Sy's layout Tokyo:
I just loved how super fun and graphic it was. I really wanted to use those huge letters in a title, include washi tape and journaling, and use ORANGE. A color that I like, but never really include in well, anything. Scrapping or otherwise (I could have purchased orange flats, but totally chickened out today!)

Here is my inspired layout:
The orange is really not my go-to color, but I really enjoy how fun this layout is. I played off of the orange with the aqua woodgrain. I just love this washi tape (Amy Tangerine), and was so happy to use it. I realize how bowed the paper looks in this photo, as the washi is actually a straight line. Oh well, I guess I need to improve my photo setup!

All in all, pretty successful by my account. :)  Now, check out Brenda's layout and see how she did!
100 Count Challenge: 5/100
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Such a gorgeous layout and unique take on your inspiration! Thanks for being my challenge buddy :)

    ReplyDelete