Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Attack of the 10-Minute Layout

Yes. Seriously. This layout was designed in 10 minutes. I was bound and determined to actually get all of the Scrapbooksteals.com MWM's done on time. And this one had escaped all that I was working on this week (cards, stuff for the kids, preparing for the start of the school year, etc.) When 10:48 rolled around, I panicked. Kind of.
In reality, I just grabbed my SC Summer of '69 Counterfeit Kit that I made earlier in the month and pulled this baby together. The Sassafras Paper provided a fantastic background that didn't need a ton of embellishments to make it pop. Plus, it played off of the sunny picture that Miss I's school had left for me.
I added the chevron paper strip to ground the photo and embellishments, and it plays off of the chevron banner. Then I added the doilies, the Sass August detail and the chevron bitty bag (it holds the journaling!) There's also a cute banner made from wood!
The title is not as straight as I usually make it, which adds to the charm of this layout. I did sew the button onto the paper, and added a few Sass button flowers.
The best part of this layout is that I couldn't second guess myself. I sprayed a doily, realized I hated it, so just used the other plain one that I had. And because I used my kit, everything went together! I just love when that happens!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this, Heather! Who would've thought that a layout could be designed and executed in 10 minutes?! I especially like the layering behind the photo. I decided to try my hand at a quick LO this evening, but the quickest I could make one was 30 minutes (and that had me pretty excited!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe you pulled this together in freakin' 10 minutes?!?! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete