Thursday, September 19, 2013

Elle's Studio Sketch: Remembering the Everyday

I love when one photograph can evoke a memory. I was fortunate enough to be able to spend the summer with my little girls. I realize that one day, they won't be so little, and probably won't want to spend as much time with me. I am going to grab them and hug them for as long as I can.

This layout used the Elle's Studio sketch. I changed a bit of it, making it my own. I really loved the colors in the photograph, and wanted to pick up the tiny bit of pink that was there. Just to pop against all of the turquoise that was also there.
I started with a vanilla piece of cardstock, then added the Carta Bella paper. It needed more, so I started distressing with a pair of scissors but went a little crazy and accidentally cut into the paper. So the distressing is more than I would have like, but I love how it turned out.

I also used the August Elle's Studio kit, along with quite a few pieces of my Elle's stash. A few pieces of random cardstock (Studio Calico HeyDay), a piece of flair (Ormulu), and some enamel dots... And it was complete. Pin It

1 comment: