Saturday, October 4, 2014

Happy World Card Making Day with Xyron and Spellbinders!

Today I'm celebrating World Cardmaking Day with Xyron, Spellbinders and a little bit of Authentique thrown in! To start, I took some papers from Authentique's Grateful Collection and die cut various pieces using the Orchard Harvest Tags and Accents Fall themed Shapeabilities® set from Spellbinders. This set is really great, as you can die cut, emoboss and stencil using the same set. As you can see, I did a combination of all three for the various pieces of each die cut.
I really loved the stenciling capabilities of this set, as I'm not a huge embosser. I don't yet have an embossing mat, so used a slice of craft foam (normally reserved for making dimensional adhesive with my Xyron products) to create the embossed effects with the dies. It wasn't perfect, and I kind of ruined the craft foam, but now I really want to grab an embossing mat and see what these dies and the other Spellbinders Shapeabilities® sets do!
For the second card, I used more of the stencil effects, and was really happy with how this turned out. To better showcase the embossing techniques, I used some of my ImagineCrafts Versamagic Ink in Red Brick on the embossed sections. For both cards, I used my Xyron 3" Sticker Maker for each of the scalloped frame pieces. This is one of my favorite Xyron tools as it is big enough to use on most card-sized pieces, but small enough to stow in your travel craft case and take to crops. I also really like using the Xyron 3" Sticker Maker to make wider pieces of craft foam tape in order to use it on larger areas. My other go-to products on this pair of cards are the Xyron 1.5" Sticker Maker on the vertically striped paper and Xyron's Double-Sided High Tack Tape throughout both cards. This way, I can adhere my pieces securely, but still allow space to bend up the pieces for more dimension.

Supplies Used:
Xyron: 3" Sticker Maker, 1.5" Sticker Maker, Double-Sided High Tack 1/2" Tape

Spellbinders: Orchard Harvest Tags and Accents Fall themed Shapeabilities® set
Other Supplies: Authentique Paper (Grateful Collection: Plentiful, Observance, Copious, Kindred, Foundations One Distressed Solid, Bountiful, Components 6x12 paper die cuts), ImagineCrafts VersaMagic Ink (Red Brick), Staedler TriPlus Fineliner (Nature) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment