Sunday, February 19, 2012

AUTHENTIQUE: A Genuine look at Denim

Genuine by Authentique is one of the newest lines by the fabulous company. It's full of denim goodness, and lovely patterns.

For the first card, "UR Genuine", I decided to to go completely denim with my creation. I used the "Genuine, through and through..." Details sticker as my label, and created belt hoops out of the True denim paper. They aren't even glued down!! Just folded, then stitched with one stitch on the top and bottom of each. Then I frayed all of the edges to give it a more worn look, then added a jeans-type embellishment to finish off the look.
It was fun creating this card, and I really think that the belt loops are what makes this so special. I'm imagining a similar card with a jeans type pocket as a gift card holder!!
The last card was created using the Dependable paper from the Genuine collection, with a backing of True. I created a folder flower, so that both sides showed, added a stitched button and a fantastic sentiment. Totally simple, but very effective. When the flower was completed, I inked the edges to mirror the yellow tones in the paper. And of course, frayed the edges of the background paper.
The whole line is really special, and the friendship themes are just adorable.
This was totally outside of my "normal" paper choices, and I really couldn't be happier with the results.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment