Wednesday, February 15, 2012

AUTHENTIQUE PAPER: A Genuine Snow Day

Hello Authentique fans! Heather here, with a layout incorporating both the Genuine Collection, and some of my favorite Free Bird Collection "B" sides.

A few weeks ago, the Northwest had a pretty large scale snow and ice storm. Overnight, seven inches of snow fell. Probably not a lot for most places in the US, but in our neck of the woods, the snow and ice pretty much shut down cities. The beginning however, did make for some pretty cute photos of my little girl.
I knew when I saw the Genuine Collection, I wanted to incorporate some of the papers with these photos. I loved how the Friendship paper had snowflake-like stitching.
I backed all of the photos with Natural from the Genuine Collection. I also added a phrase from the Genuine Elements, as well as some of the Genuine Tiny Type (also on the Elements sheet).
The Free Bird papers helped to make the perfect snowflakes. I looked through the whole collection, and settled on solids from Fair-Weather, Endless, and Comfort. And one large background snowflake using Genuine's True
 Adding a little bling helped to make the snowflakes stand out against the background paper.

And one final Genuine Details sticker to set off one of the miniature photos.

While I do love paper collections by themselves, don't be afraid to mix and match! And if you need some fantastic color additions, check out the various solids that all grace the back of those Free Bird papers! They really are fun to add to your favorite Authentique collections.

Supplies Used: 
Genuine Collection: Friendship, Natural, True, Elements, Details
Free Bird Nest Collections:  Fair-Weather FBS120, Endless FBS115, Comfort FBS107
Additional Supplies: American Crafts Thickers, Teresa Collins Bling, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment