Saturday, August 23, 2014

Two More Layouts with My August Faux-Kit... (ScrapbookSteals' Pansy 6 & 8)

I now have completed a total of FIVE layouts (the first three) with my "Faux-Kit" from August! I need to figure out a good name for the "kits" I'm making... Counterfeit Kit is taken. I'm up for ideas...

Anyway, here's my first. I am still in love with this blue polka dot paper. Too bad I finally used it. Although, there MAY be another piece lurking somewhere in my craft room. Who knows at this point... The white button was a fun altered piece. It's one of those buttons with the plastic loop thing in the bottom. I chopped that off with nail clippers, then glued it down. The look of a button, without the silly bottom part.
For this layout, I used the Scrapbook Steals Pansy #6 sketch. I switched a few things around, but that's normal for me.
http://scrapbook.steals.com/wp/2014/08/06/teresa-collins-daily-stories-mid-week-mojo-pansy-6/
This next layout was a little troublesome at first. Mainly because of the Amy Tangerine paper. I like it, but the LOVE cutout kept throwing me off. It's right in the spot that I usually scrap in, so I tried to incorporate it into the layout instead. I backed the love with the pink polka dot paper, and did some faux stitching with a silver gel pen. I don't normally use yellow, so tried to tie in all of the yellow with some additional yellow enamel dots. I even used the Lawn Fawn stamps!!
For this layout, I used the ScrapbookSteals Pansy #8. Thanks Melodee for the fun sketches! I am really going to try to get them all done on time this session!
http://scrapbook.steals.com/wp/2014/08/20/fancy-pants-designs-everyday-circus-mid-week-mojo-pansy-8/

Watch tomorrow for my September "Faux-Kit". Pin It

1 comment: