Monday, August 11, 2014

Using my August "Faux-Kit"...

I've been making some fun stuff lately. It's almost a relief "shopping" my stash sometimes. I like seeing things leave my studio, without the receipts entering it. Here are my first three layouts using my "kit", and I'm sure that I'll have a handful of cards to finish it off. 

This first layout was pretty fun. I loved these two pic, but hadn't found the right papers or anything to use with them. I really loved pulling the pinks together with the blues, as it complemented the photos well. I also really loved this Gossamer Blue pie chart from the July 2014 Life Pages kit. Sadly, it's the only thing I've used from that month so far... The paper edge is a Silhouette cut, and the banner was just hand cut. To be honest however, the back of that pie chart is a hot mess. Thankfully you cannot see it. I totally broke out my Xyron 9" Creative Station on it though. Seriously, those intricate die cuts are killer to try to glue down all the little bits... This way, it's glued in one pass. Simple.
This layout was inspired by one of the PageMaps sketches from the August 2014 set that worked with Scrapbook Circle DT. I really loved the pie chart shape, and had to include it! I have to admit however, this layout kicked my butt. I had to put it aside and come back later to complete it. I added the title die cut and stitching the next morning. I think it came out okay in the end.
http://www.pagemaps.com/images/2014/08aug/sketches/aug14_12x12d_lg.jpg
The next layout used quite a bit of the patterned papers from Authentique, My Mind's Eye, Stampin' Up and a little bit of the leftovers of that Crate Paper woodgrain. I will seriously use every last scrap of that stuff! I also used my DIY Simple Stories envelope to place a die cut with hidden journaling. And, if you want the recipe to the most amazing (gluten free) chocolate molten lava cake... It's here. You can thank me later!
I used the ScrapbookSteals Mid-Week-Mojo Pansy 4 Sketch by Brenda Smith. Brenda always does amazing work. I'm always in awe of all of the fun details she uses in her work.
http://scrapbook.steals.com/wp/2014/07/23/fancy-pants-merry-little-christmas-mid-week-mojo-pansy-4/

Sometimes you have that one picture that doesn't go with anything else... This pic was just that. I had previously gotten my hair bayalage'd by my lovely hair stylist who works at The Parlor. This place is adorable. Like, all industrial and woodgrain and aqua. LOVE! I really wanted to "highlight" the highlights, so the woodgrain follows the streaks in my hair, along with the streaks in the sky Sass paper, and the dark cloud chipboard pieces. And those chipboard buggers, pull out your Xyron 1.5" Sticker Maker on those bad boys and BAM! Done. I'm a much lazier scrapper than I appear, I promise.
I used the ScrapbookSteals Mid-Week-Mojo Pansy 5a Sketch by Brenda Smith.
Hope you enjoyed seeing a few of my latest creations. I swear I will be caught up with the Pansy Series before #10.

Pin It

4 comments: