Monday, October 10, 2011

AUTHENTIQUE: Trick or Treat with Glowing!

From the AUTHENTIQUE BLOG...
*****
Hello Authentique fans, it's Heather with today's post. When I was looking at the Glowing line, I knew that I really wanted to scrap some cute Halloween photos. My little girl has been making pirate noises, "Arrrrghs," for a few weeks, so I asked if she wanted to be a pirate. She was super excited about this, and true to my upbringing, I made her costume from pieces that we already had around the house. Getting her ready made for the perfect photos, and I knew that Authentique's papers would be perfect for the pictures.

I used the Grunge Orange Dot paper, but turned it so that the spiders seemed to be crawling across the paper. I also like how this weighed the bottom of the layout down.
Since Isla has just learned how to say "Trick or Treat", I had to use the back of Headline 2. I also used a lot of the Noteables, Tabloids and Icons to add more interest.
The Diction words made for easy journaling, and the Petite Type Square were perfect for the subtitle.
I also used just a little bit of Glossy Accents to make one of the Icons glow!
*****
When my layout was done, I couldn't resist continuing to play with the Glowing papers. I decided to make a fun Halloween treat! I had a few of these tubes from the $1 rack at my nearest scrapbook store. I've been wanting to play with them for awhile now. I used some black cardstock for the tag, then layered my Authentique papers in Orange Brocade and Lace Spiderweb. 
A few of the diecuts made for the perfect decoration to the tag, and a ribbon that I saved from some packaging was the perfect final touch.
 I even added an Icon to the top of the tube!
I hope that these projects inspire you to create your own Halloween fun using Glowing!
*****
Layout Supplies:
AUTHENTIQUE "Glowing" patterned papers: Orange Grunge Dot
AUTHENTIQUE "Glowing" die cuts & stickers: Glowing-Headline 2 (back), Noteables, Icons, Tabloids, Petite Type Square, Diction
Other Supplies: Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock, Glossy Accents, pen

Tag Supplies: 
AUTHENTIQUE "Glowing" patterned papers: Orange Brocade, Lace Spiderweb
AUTHENTIQUE "Glowing" die cuts: Icons, Noteables
Other Supplies: Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock, ribbon, Signo pen, tube, M&M's, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I can't get over her costume. It's so adorable. Love the stache!! Your layout really brings out the best in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I wish I would have thought to ask Kami if she wanted to be a pirate! She also has been talking like a pirate for a while now. She will be happy with her mermaid costume, though :) This is a great layout! What a cute girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 the mustache. haha. perfect touch! You are an amazing artist and i love your work. i ditto Misty & Brett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome projects - I love the Trick or Treat LO!

    ReplyDelete