Saturday, May 25, 2013

I Love Long (Productive) Weekends!!

It's Memorial Day weekend. Yeah!! This means, a four day weekend spent hanging with family and friends, crafting, having a few beverages, and generally preparing for summer. I spent some time crafting with my wonderful Gossamer Blue May kit. I really loved all of the bright colors. And I have to admit... I seriously considered getting my girls matching sailor type outfits to go with the anchors. I looked... Then walked away.

The first layout is a cute sketch that was on the Elle's Studio blog. I really loved the triangles, and wanted to use my Silhouette to cut out the triangles out of the main paper. This way, they would be perfectly spaced out. I'm such a Seattle girl. I love me some Starbucks. And sadly, they coffee co. plays a part in quite a few of my layouts... This one is focused on the new Clover Machine. If you haven't had a Clover coffee, you really need to try. It is the most perfectly brewed cup of coffee ever. They brew them singly. AMAZING!
As you can see, I used quite a few things from my ever-growing stash of Elle's Studio products. Love local (they are a Washington company!!)

For the second, I was inspired by this blog post on the Gossamer Blue blog. Unfortunately, my layout sat unfinished for over a week. I finally had enough time to finish it. I also really wanted to put a song phrase as my title. I kind of love this one. The little BG envelope has some hidden journalling. And those enamel dots... SWOON!
Lastly, I really liked this paper. It's Echo Park from their new line All About a Boy. I really wanted to focus on the color, as it is Miss I's favorite. And it also matched the wonderful quilt that my aunt made for me. And again... Elle's Studio and enamel dots. LOVE!
I don't think I'm done crafting. Seriously... I have a few more things up my sleeve :) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment