Tuesday, August 12, 2014

25 Cards from One Collection

In my day job, I teach art. I also am one half of a kick-ass (yes, we are THAT good!) team that takes care of our staff in times of celebration and condolence. After the many years that I have helped with this, I have realized that if I plan ahead and get some of the many cards that will be used throughout the year completed during the summer, I'm a much happier person. Ultimately, I will spend about the same amount of time no matter what, I can just spend it more wisely using similar sketches or designs and make multiples at once. All of these cards use American Crafts: Garden Café collection. Stamps are from: A-Muse, Lawn Fawn and Neat & Tangled.

Sometimes the cards are almost exactly the same, just flip the papers over and switch the embellishments a little.
Use different ribbons to make different looks...
Similarity here: those tags I can never figure out what to do with. 
When you get down to the small pieces, it always helps to make "scrap" cards. Just take all of the little scrap pieces and glue away!
Or make three of a kind. This one was inspired by this card: CARD by Chari Moss. She's amazing!
In some cases... Just using those great embellishments brings amazing results. 
Or border punches and flags!
A couple more combo scrap/embellishment cards.
And a simple, but effective version... Colorblocking!
All in all, 25 cards using a line of materials that I wasn't scrapping with anymore. One more bag of stuff in my stash down! Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Ok, totally lifting some of these card designs for my 40for40! Way to knock it out and use up stuff, all at once!!! You're so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete