Friday, September 14, 2012

Studio Calico: Central High Kit

I was put on a budget. A crafty budget. I've been researching kit clubs for awhile, and had decided to convince my money manager to let me do one instead of the budget. This way, I get new stuff. I also can't go over my budget. Smart, huh?

Anyway... I got the box last week. I wasn't sure exactly what I was expecting. It wasn't full of pretty pinks and aquas, or warm yellows, it was BOLD. Maybe having two little girls has jaded my color choices, I'm used to all the fantastic pastels out there. I wasn't sure why I had a sense of ambivalence, but it was there. And I'm super thankful for it. It was freeing to just cut away into the papers, not worried that I was going to ruin something I knew I already loved. And I created some of my favorite recent layouts.
My first SC layout. I don't have school aged kids, so the lettering paper wasn't my thing. I did however LOVE this Tim&Beck map paper. I am a sucker for ledger paper, and had to add a piece of EchoPark ledger paper that I snagged off of the 3/$1 rack at Artco. I also used a fun font, Pacifico that I had downloaded awhile ago.
I really loved the simplicity of this Basic Grey paper. I didn't want to add too much to it, so kept the embellishing to a minimum to keep the focus on the fun Hipstamatic photo.
This was a lovely sketch by Kerys Sharrock for ScrapbookSteals. As you may know, I do a lot of the MWM's. Usually the lovely Kristy Lee creates the sketches, but this week, she had one of the great DT members do it. I used a Silhouette cut for the circle, and just added fun strips. I did add a cute BG brad that I had lying around.

For this layout, I really wanted to use this adorable picture of my littlest. She's not yet two months old, and has made such a huge impact on our lives already. My husband and I always joke how people must just forget how hard it is to have a newborn. It must be somewhat on purpose, because they don't remember anything about that, until they have a new baby again. This is kind of color blocked, but I wanted to use the red paper that I used to cut the star from the previous layout. And the splatters were courtesy of my 3-year old. I just added more to "fix" it.
This really is just a truly simple card. One of my co-workers did me a huge favor and showed extreme kindness for someone else. It deserves a thanks.

I probably have enough supplies for at least one more layout, maybe two and a handful of cards. I'll post those when they are complete :)
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I really like that collection. And your layouts are amazing!! I think my favorite is the first one.

    ReplyDelete