Saturday, March 9, 2013

Scraplift with Crate Paper's Fourteen...

I was playing around this weekend with my February Gossamer Blue kit and ran into a challenge... How to use the Sparks paper from Crate Paper's Fourteen line. It's a pretty fantastic chevron-ish paper. Super bold, super pretty, but kind of hard to use.

I knew that I had already pinned a fantastic layout using this paper, so found it and scraplifted away!! Here is the original image from one of Crate Paper's Design Team members, Katie Ehmann. I loved how she used vellum and her Cameo to create a background design.
I decided to use a fun background that I had not used yet, Chevron Stripes from the Silhouette Online Store. I didn't want the entire square, but wanted all of the fun pattern, so squished it into a 4x11" rectangle. The vellum was from a Studio Calico kit awhile back, and had feathers on it, but since the pattern was pretty complicated you cannot even tell.
Rather than all of the patterned papers, I simplified the color scheme to mainly grays, and used pops of red and fuchsia from my GB kit.  I also used just one photo of my biggest, Miss I. She's one of my absolute favorite people in the world. I just love her spunky nature and all of the funny things she says. Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I LOVE this layout! Great ideas and wonderful use of the kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful layout, Heather! I'm loving this vellum trend and seeing all of the fun things to do with it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete