Saturday, March 16, 2013

Scraplifting with Gossamer Blue and Elle's Studio

I have blogged before about both Gossamer Blue and Elle's Studio. I L-O-V-E both companies. Gossamer Blue's kits are always so amazing and beautiful. And Elle's Studio has wonderful little tags and extras that are perfect for Project Life and Project12. (And they are LOCAL!! to me anyway!)

The two companies were having a fantastic scraplift challenge. Here is what I came up with. I used mainly pieces from my March Gossamer Blue kit, with a few additional patterned paper from the August GB kit, and some Summer Lovin' Elle's Studio pieces that I had in my stash. I also used a few of my OA Sprinklers and some Stickles glitter (I really only like glitter in liquid form!).
I combined some of the other My Mind's Eye buttons that I had, as well as a few more of their enamel dots. Lastly, I added some Cath Kidston washi tape. For all of the scalloped parts, I used my Kiwi Lane Designs Templates in Scallops.

Here is Magda Mizera's FANTASTIC layout. I just love her work. You can check out her blog HERE. She has some MAD photoshop skills. One day...
I did a pretty blatant scraplift. And I challenged myself to use yellow, which isn't my normal go-to color. I figured since it was a complimentary color to Miss R's onesie, it would make an interesting mix. Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Very Cute! And thank you for your kind comment about my layout on Flickr! You're lucky to be an art teacher, I would love to have that job someday, when I'm ready to settle down and commit! Right now I just sub and I also teach scrapbooking, mixed media, and paper arts at Michaels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it! Teaching is a great job, and with summers... You could always travel!

      Delete