Friday, September 9, 2011

"Splendid"ly Authentique...

Good Morning! As my first post for Authentique, I decided to make both a layout and a card using Splendid papers. Before joining the Authentique Design Team, I had not had the chance to play with either line, and I loved finding ways in which to mix the different colors.
 
(Supplies Used AUTHENTIQUE: Splendid patterned papers-Delight Back, Richness Back, Foundations Back, Renown Back, AUTHENTIQUE die cuts: Splendid Icons & Tabloids, AUTHENTIQUE Petite Type Squares)
(Other Supplies: kraft cardstock, American Crafts buttons, Twinery twine, Basic Grey brads, Glossy Accents, Signo white pen)

I really wanted to create a layered look, but wanted to keep the look of the layout soft. To achieve this, I used a base of kraft paper, and let the colors of the Splendid line speak for themselves. As you can see, I really like using the backs of paper lines! 

For a lot of the smaller accents, I used Glossy Accents to make the great details in the Icons and Tabloids just a little extra sparkle.
I also chose to cut off the end of the quote on the Icons piece. I felt that for these images, it created just the perfect sentiment.
*****
For my card, I used some of the scraps that I had leftover from my layout. I used white cardstock for the base, and layered the Splendid "Delight" Back (pink) with the Splendid Foundations Back (green). I then added twine, a button, and a Blissful Icon for the sentiment. I also used a paper punch on the green Foundations paper.
(Supplies Used: AUTHENTIQUE Splendid-Delight (back), Foundations (back); AUTHENTIQUE die cuts: Icons-Blissful)
(Other Supplies: Twinery twine-Blossom, Basic Grey button, Staedler pen-yellow, Signo White pen, Martha Stewart punch)

To tie in the yellow on the Splendid paper, I faux stitched the white cardstock with a yellow pen, and then "stitched" the green Foundations in white gel pen. I loved how the pink in the Blissful Icon popped on the Splendid paper!
I hope you enjoyed today's projects!

Heather Pin It

1 comment: