Sunday, September 18, 2011

This is the Life... Topaz 8

I got to use my Counterfeit Kit for the first time this week! (Remember the Counterfeit Kit Challenge??) It was a lot nicer than I realized. Not because I am the most fantastic at making kits, more because there was no time spent figuring out which papers to blend... What to use... Which embellishments to find...

I just got to SCRAP! {PS. Cleanup is SOOO much easier BTW!!}

This layout did end up completely flat. Which is odd for me. I usually use more dimension, add pop-dots, make things shiny, ribbon, twine, etc. It was a total throwback to some of my first pages. And you know what, I love it!

Here is Kristy Lee's sketch for Topaz #8:

And here is my interpretation! I used kraft for the base, then layered it with Crate Paper and Kaisercraft strips from the same piece of patterned paper. I just cut the strips apart, so that it looked like I used different pieces of paper. I love how the simplicity of the background works with the variations in polka dots and other patterns.

I layered a rose colored cardstock circle with a Sassafras Lass Mix and Mend sticker, then added white pen accents.

For the title, I kept things really small so that they didn't compete with the photos. I used Echo Park Springtime small letters in two colors. 

I really like how the colors from my main Crate Paper paper and my Pinterest pin really work in this layout!

Pin It

1 comment: