Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Topaz 9: Friends (w/ Counterfeit Kit)

For this project, I wanted to use a few photos of my lovely Miss I, and her two best friends! I love how the natural light on these photographs just picked up the cutest expressions on each of the girls. I also really wanted to keep using my fantastic Counterfeit Kit that I made for September. I still have SO much paper and supplies, that it might just run me into October as well! Or, I could just find more time and keep crafting away...
I decided to finally use the elusive Crate Paper Bouquet paper. I'm not one for using a ton of florals in my projects, so this was kind of a stretch for me. I loved the flowers, and the colors, but just do not choose them everytime. I also used Kristy's fantastic Mid-Week Mojo for Topaz #9. I loved the idea of using photographs more than once, and so mirror the larger photos with the same photos in wallet size.
Instead of another journaling area, I decided to use some Glue Dots (I couldn't find my Glubers, homemade or otherwise) and a piece of kraft scrap to make this muslin flower. Super easy!!! I then adorned it with a Studio Calico butterfly that I had sprayed with Lunchtray Mr. Huey, then adorned with my MME bling.
I mirrored the small butterfly, with a larger one that was created in the same way. I just adore how the Mr. Huey's is SO bright. And it matched my color palette perfectly!

After piling all the pieces together, I realized that the blues needed something to 'pop' against, so used the reddish paper to make the polka dots stand out. I didn't want to waste paper, so strategically pieced together a border in reverse. All of the seams are hidden behind the flower, bracket or butterfly (you didn't notice, did you???!). I also added a small kraft scalloped edge to reflect the journaling box. Lastly, foam Thickers made up the title.
All in all, I think it went just well! I'm sad to see most of the inspiration paper from my Counterfeit Kit gone, but I have enough to make a card or two...
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment