Sunday, August 28, 2011

Campy Trails and My Version of Camping...

This past August, my family went "camping" with a fantastic family. My version of camping is not what most hardcore campers really call camping. I'm okay with that. My camping, is a house or cabin with no cable. I like being secure in a place with walls, plumbing, and other basic conveniences.

We did however do some of the normal camping activities: watch the stars, go swimming in the watering hole/lake, have s'mores, and build a campfire.

When I used American Crafts Campy Trails for a scrapbook, I loved the masculine feel to it. Most papers are feminine, and this was just too perfect for the vintage photos that I was using. After camping, I really wanted to revisit this paper set, and use all that I had for my camping photographs.

For my first layout, I used Kristy's Topaz #5 sketch from www.scrapbooksteals.com:
Topaz #5 was a great sketch to play off of the existing themes in the paper. I mirrored the diamond and circle shapes in the blue, white and brown paper, in the yellow and green large "moon". I also used a mix of Thickers to play with the color combination.
I really enjoyed using up some of the stars that I had purchased years ago in the Christmas aisle of JoAnn's for this layout! The colors matched perfectly.
Even the smallest of details just made this layout great.
For my second Campy Trails layout, I used Kristy's Topaz #4 layout. I felt that I could really capture quite a few photos, and use lots of layers with this sketch. It also allowed for me to really use some journaling space.
I used photographs from our visit to the swimming hole at Lake Pend Orielle. The lake was gorgeous, and while we were not looking our very best... Temperatures were in the 90's. And this was about 7:30 in the evening!
I liked using some of the dimensional stickers along with the regular stickers, as well as using kraft paper to add more ruggedness. I also used a great Peas font to tell our story!
See... Isn't the lake just AMAZING?!?!?!??!
I have a few more photographs. I might still work on a few more layouts using up the rest of what I have!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment