Wednesday, June 19, 2013

AUTHENTIQUE PAPER: Be(You)tiful Baby!

I love the time between Spring and Summer. In the Pacific Northwest, we finally have some sunny weather, perfect for going to the park and swinging. In this instance, it's Miss Ro's second time ever on a swing. She's just the funniest little thing.
I wanted to play off of the playful nature of the photos, so included a lot of the Be(You)tiful patterns and colors. I especially love the coral color that is scattered throughout the patterns.
I wanted to make the color a focal point for this layout, so went searching for the perfect embellishment. I didn't have anything, but my lovely friend Misty Buck has a great video on creating your own enamel-style dots. I snagged a bottle of matching nail polish and went to work. I didn't have any of the plastic beads that she has, but did have some Want2Scrap pearls.
Misty's technique is much cleaner than mine (I get a little messy when I create). Once they were dry, I used them on my layout. 
I then continued to find pieces within the line that were also coral toned and used them throughout the layout as well. 
And for a happy coincidence, I used silvery cardstock for the title which matches the slight sparkle in the Details stickers. Added a couple of the fun Statements cardstock die cut paper accents, and done!
 All put together, the coral tones just pop.
Just in case you wanted to make your own, I simplified the layout into a sketch. Have fun creating!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout, Heather! I love all of the coral elements against the yellows.

    ReplyDelete