Sunday, June 30, 2013

Two Summery Sketches (Paper Bakery & ScrapbookSteals)

I love sketches. I know I've said it before, but I do. They let me not overthink projects, which for me and Summer... Totally a good thing.

My first project is using the Paper Bakery Sketch Challenge #6. I used some of my Echo Park Everyday Eclectic products. I got the entire set last summer... And then never did much with it. My bad. Those darn new babies ;)  I really loved using it this summer, as the colors are just perfect with bright pictures.
I did snag a little bit of fun from the new Paper Bakery Sketch Challenge 7. DOODLES!! I loved how they were used on Juliana's version, so snagged the idea for myself. 

My second project for your enjoyment today is using Melodee's sketch over at ScrapbookSteals.com. I love this page. There is a second sketch for the entire two pager, but I used pics of Miss I's birthday with her friends. I'll save that for my own album.
It's not completely noticeable, but there is a hint of vellum underneath the photos. I just loved how subtle this was. I used one of the "life cards", and just blew it up as large as I could. Again though... The Cameo just doesn't like the vellum. I think I just need a stickier mat. Oh well... I'll restick it this week. And the Crate Paper The Pier from the June Gossamer Blue kit... Swoon!! I just loved all of the bits and pieces.

This week is supposed to be a scorcher. In the 80's. Don't laugh... It usually rains (no joke!) in the Pacific Northwest over the Fourth of July weekend. Thank goodness for the heat pump! I'll be prepping for CHA and Authentique over this week as well. Maybe I'll post a few sneaky peeks.... Just maybe... Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Love how you used all of the patterned papers on your layout! Such a sweet page! Thanks for playing along with us @ The Paper Bakery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout using the Paper Bakery sketch! And how you added the doodling! It's quite fun, isn't it?! Thanks for playing along with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both your layouts and that Echo Park collection is one of my favs also! thanks for playing along with us at TPB!

    ReplyDelete